Help for Anger Problems

Search Knowledgebase

Topic Contents

Help for Anger Problems

Topic Overview

Use one of the following resources if you are a parent or caregiver having trouble controlling your angry feelings. Actions done in moments of anger can be harmful and abusive.

  • If you need help right away, look in the first few pages of your local phone book for an emergency number in your area. Each province has resources to help protect children and families. For example, British Columbia has the Help Line for Children (310-1234, no area code needed) that is available 24 hours a day.
  • National Clearinghouse on Family Violence. Call for a referral to services offered in your area: 1-800-267-1291 or (613) 957-2938.
  • Parents Anonymous. Self-help groups serving parents under stress as well as abused children are available throughout Canada, Europe, and the United States. To locate a group in your area, check the listings in your phone book under Parents Anonymous.
  • Childhelp Line. The Childhelp Line serves Canada and the United States to provide referrals and counselling at 1-800-4-A-Child (1-800-422-4453).


By Healthwise Staff
Primary Medical Reviewer Martin J. Gabica, MD, MD - Family Medicine
Specialist Medical Reviewer Brigid McCaw, MD, MS, MPH, FACP - Family Violence Prevention
Last Revised June 8, 2010

This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise, Incorporated disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information.