Make-Ahead Breakfast: Banana-Chia Pudding
This is an absolutely delicious raw, vegan and filling breakfast or dessert packed with chia seeds, bananas and cashews!
Raw Banana Cinnamon Chia Pudding
- 1 cup cashew milk (homemade recipe below)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. lucuma
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 banana
Homemade Cashew Milk
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for six hours)
- 1 Medjool date
- 4 cups of water
- pinch of sea salt
1. Mix all of the ingredients for the cashew milk in a high speed blender for over a minute, until it’s creamy and has a milk-like consistency (this will make up about four cups, and the leftovers can be kept in the fridge).
2. In a bowl, combine the cashew milk with everything except for the chia seeds and mix well. A whisk is perfect for this.
3. Add the chia seeds and whisk for a minute or so to make sure the seeds are spread evenly and aren’t clumped up.
4. Let the mixture settle for a minute and whisk again. The pudding should start to thicken at this point.
5. Put into the refrigerator and let set for at least 30 minutes (sometimes, I will make this the night before to eat for breakfast the next day).
6. Slice up the banana and place over the top, sprinkle some cinnamon and voilà! Enjoy!
Spiced Summer Vegetable Casserole
While summer is synonymous with salad season, a few of the season’s superstar vegetables can get a flavor-boosting hand from a little heat. If your fridge is overflowing with fresh zucchini and Read