Dear All May all your dreams come true. May adore work a sorcery into your life. May your heart be…
What are the instructions for Bake Off Christmas Desserts
The Great British Bake Off is known for its delicious and indulgent desserts, but when it comes to Christmas, you might be surprised to find that some of their festive treats are not as naughty as you may think. Here are a few recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you feeling guilty.
Spiced Apple Crumble
This classic dessert gets a festive twist with the addition of warming spices.
- 4-5 medium-sized apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 375?F (190?C).
- In a bowl, mix the sliced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, and butter. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Chocolate Orange Truffles
These bite-sized truffles are perfect for satisfying your chocolate cravings.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- Cocoa powder, for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it just begins to simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for a minute to melt the chocolate.
- Stir the mixture until smooth and creamy. Add the orange zest and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out small portions of the chocolate mixture and roll them into balls.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder to coat them evenly.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
These are just a couple of examples of the delightful and relatively guilt-free Christmas desserts you can enjoy this holiday season. The Great British Bake Off proves that you don’t have to sacrifice taste to make healthier choices. So go ahead and indulge in these treats without feeling too naughty!