What are the Swallowing Dangers of Small Magnetic Balls Sold at Walmart

What are the Swallowing Dangers of Small Magnetic Balls Sold at Walmart

What are the Swallowing Dangers of Small Magnetic Balls Sold at Walmart

Attention Walmart shoppers! If you recently purchased small magnetic balls from Walmart, please be aware of a recent recall due to potential swallowing dangers.

Walmart has issued a recall for small magnetic balls sold in their stores. The recall comes after reports of incidents where children accidentally swallowed these magnets, leading to serious health risks.

The small magnetic balls, often marketed as stress relievers or desk toys, are made of powerful neodymium magnets. While they may seem harmless, if multiple magnets are ingested, they can attract each other through the intestinal walls, causing severe internal injuries.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there have been several cases of children requiring emergency surgery after swallowing these magnets. Ingesting multiple magnets can lead to intestinal blockages, perforations, and even life-threatening conditions.

Walmart is urging customers who have purchased these small magnetic balls to immediately stop using them and return them to any Walmart store for a full refund. The company is also working closely with the CPSC to ensure the safety of their customers.

Parents and caregivers are advised to keep these small magnetic balls away from children and to educate them about the dangers of swallowing magnets. It is crucial to seek medical attention immediately if a child ingests these magnets, even if they appear to be fine initially.

It is important to note that this recall only applies to small magnetic balls sold at Walmart. If you have purchased similar products from other retailers, it is recommended to check for any recalls or safety warnings.

For more information about the recall and how to return the product, customers can visit the Walmart website or contact their customer service hotline.

Remember, the safety of our loved ones is of utmost importance. Let’s stay informed and take necessary precautions to prevent any accidents or injuries.